Why study in Marbella?
- Marbella is a cosmopolitan Spanish town located in southernmost point in one of the most beautiful and vibrant areas of Spain beside the beach. It is one of the most visited tourist destinations in Spain. The average temperature is about 19 degrees.
- The Mediterranean climate with over 300 days of sunshine is ideal to study Spanish, to get to know the culture, to relax and to do sports in a beautiful environment.
- Marbella is the residence of many famous people from all over the world (Julio Iglesias, Antonio Banderas, Prince, George Clooney, Vladimir Putin and the family of the King Fahd from Saudi Arabia, etc.). Still, the best international football clubs come every year to Marbella for their training camp. Therefore, it is not unlikely to meet a celebrity on the beach promenade in bars or clubs.
- Many people appreciate the varied sports opportunities offered by Marbella: sailing, windsurf, horse riding, tennis, volleyball, football, basketball, hiking, paddle, golf and much more. In addition, the most famous ski area, the Sierra Nevada (Granada), is only two hours from Marbella.
- Marbella is known as a golfer’s paradise, every year thousands of golf enthusiasts come here to run their favourite sport: there are countless offers to attend a golf course with modern facilities on the beautiful golf course with sea views.
- The cuisine of Marbella offers many variations and there is something to eat for everyone for a good price: of course, you can enjoy the traditional Spanish dishes (Patatas Bravas, paella, gazpacho, tapas, etc.). Because Marbella is located directly on the Seaside every restaurant and every bar offer a huge variety of fresh fish dishes (Pescaíto frito, boquerones, salmon, cod, fish Paella, etc.). A particularly Highlight are here the variety of seafood (mussels, squid, crabs, etc.). In Marbella due to its cosmopolitan flair you can also taste the international cuisine in every corner of the city (Chinese, Indian, Arabic, Italian, French, English, etc.). In Spain, the land of wine, you should also enjoy the exquisite selection of wines (La Rioja & Manzanilla, Los vinos de Jerez and the famous Sangría or Tinto de Verano).
- Málaga international airport is only a 30 minute drive distance from Marbella and there are many flights from Malaga to Madrid and other major Spanish cities.
- There is a bus station in Marbella with a direct connection to the airport. As well as cheap trips to other cities are available from there.